Friday 17 June 2016

The Mutual Love Club

I'm excited to launch a new personal project of mine today, The Mutual Love Club.


The idea behind the Mutual Love Club has been sitting around idly in my brain for a few months now, as I continue to promote my blog on social media and try to find new ways of sharing my content. I've recently discovered a raft of twitter accounts dedicated to sharing content created by bloggers - you tag them in your post, they retweet it to a huge following, often in the tens of thousands. It's a great idea, but I've spotted a few problems with the plan - there's very little two-way engagement and the tag takes up a lot of space in your tweet. When space is already at a premium, that's not idea - What determined tweeter hasn't spent an extra minute rearranging my words so they can use 'a' instead of 'an'...Or is that just me?

So what's my answer? Fuelled by the slight frustration at fighting to getting my content shared to a wider audience, I came up with a plan to create a mutually-beneficial sharing community that interacts with it's audience, not just blindly retweets them. This isn't just about retweeting, but engaging with like-minded individuals on a daily basis - the type of people who WANT to see and share your blog posts, vlogs or opinions.



I hope you'll come over to twitter and give us a follow. My goal is for the stream to be FILLED with inspirational, motivational, positive links and video from around the web, being mutually shared across a wide community of viewers - boosting everyone involved's stats and introducing 'members' (read: followers) to new and exciting content!

I have no idea if this will work or not, I've never done anything like it at all, but I hope you'll follow my journey as I try and create my little love club 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Similiar Posts...