Wednesday 12 December 2012

Volunteering.

So, I kind of decided it was time to get up off my ass and do something with all this spare time I have since I quit my job. Whilst freelance social media work is still my Big Plan, I physically cannot sit here day after day in front of the computer peddling myself to every director/manager/recruitment consultant in town. I needed to get out the house.

So, you are right now reading the blog of Radio Dacorum's newest presenter/volunteer (one of).

I super love working on the radio. I love talking, I love getting to pick out my favourite music, and I really love telling people that they can listen to me here. Yes, where ever you are in the world, you can listen to Radio Dacorum online at the website. Click here to go right there now.

There is a webcam of the studio, and you can interact with the show via twitter (@radiodacorum). I will be taking requests, and talking about mummy-related stuff :-) The show will be on 10-12 weekdays, and I'll let you know on twitter this week what days I will be covering. I'm back on the air waves tomorrow at 10!

I used to work at hospital radio, and it was a different set up, and a very long time ago. So this all feels kind of new and exciting and whilst it is a very small community radio station that hasn't been going very long at all, I'm really excited to get more involved. Here are some photos from my first day.





I really hope you'll tune in :-)

Katy x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Similiar Posts...